The following position is currently available
Role Title: Visual Communications Support Officer
Location: Open Doors Field Operations consists of full and part time staff in South, East and West Africa, as well as the Netherlands.
The staff engage in activities to support the persecuted Church in Sub Sahara Africa (SSA). Through our activities we aim to strengthen the local capacity of the Persecuted Church and work with the local Church as our partner. The location of this role is unspecified and open to discussion. While travel is not envisioned as a large part of this job, there may be the need to attend international planning and team meetings. All applicants should be able to travel as required by the needs of the role.
Purpose of the Role: The VCS will be part of the mainly virtual Communications and Advocacy Department whose purpose is to communicate the story and the message of the Persecuted Church in the SSA Region to stakeholders within the organization. The VCS will assist the process of providing these stakeholders with timely and relevant content to connect the Church in freer societies with the persecuted Church in Sub Sahara Africa for the purpose of mutual encouragement and greater engagement, with special focus on providing support in the creation, coordination and publication of visual content, including among other things, maps, infographics and short videos (mostly post-acquisition).
Time Commitment: A full-time position
This position requires the support to the team in the creation and release of a steady stream of content by:
- Visualization, design and release of graphics (vectors), like maps and infographics.
- Support in the creation of simple showcase video and/or audio clips, mainly for use on social media, using raw,
often meagre footage from field workers. The incumbent will be involved from conceptualization and script writing all the way to publication and upload of different versions to central platforms.
- Acting as first contact for clients when it comes to visual content from Africa, including sharing of information, adapting of content, etc. and be able to relate the needs of our ‘clients’ and negotiate what is possible/available.
Key Qualities and skills
- Mature and committed Christian with a passion for African Christians who live out their faith in difficult and
sometimes terrible situations.
- Eager and able to adapt to our unique environment with its particular security requirements, structural complexity, and cultural diversity.
- Collaborative, sensitive and positive by nature.
- Happy to play your position on the team, i.e. focus on serving the team and helping to complement our content with visuals be it images, videos or graphics.
- Multi-tasker that is not easily frustrated by short notice changes.
- Proven ability to do basic design and video editing in Adobe Creative Cloud applications and open to learning on the go.
- While travel is not envisioned as a large part of this job, there may be the need to attend international planning and team meetings.
How to apply?
Please apply for this position by submitting your CV and one A4 page that briefly outlines what you bring to this role and how God has prepared you. We also would like to receive references from your previous employer(s) and local church. Please ensure that your application reach us at [email protected] no later than 8 November 2020.
Further information can be obtained from the abovementioned email address.