The following position is currently available
Role Title: Regional Field Finance Manager
Location: This role will be based in South Africa, preferably Johannesburg. All applicants should be able to travel to countries across the region without any restrictions, for up to 40 days per year, as required by the needs of the role.
Open Doors Field Operations consists of full and part time staff in South, East and West Africa, as well as the Netherlands. The staff engage in activities to support the persecuted Church in Sub Sahara Africa (SSA). Through our activities we aim to strengthen the local capacity of the Persecuted Church and work with the local Church as our partner.
Purpose of the Role: To ensure that faithful stewardship and financial integrity is achieved in our field region. Leading the regional finance team to ensure efficient use of all finance systems and execution of financial processes within the region.
Time Commitment: A full-time position
- Strategic Leadership & Monitoring. To lead the Finance team towards the region’s full engagement with the global strategic priorities;
- Finance & Accounting. To ensure efficient and effective handling of funds and to guarantee appropriate production of standard financial statements;
- Financial Risk Management. To ensure a risk management system that comprises risk appetite determination plus the assessment, ranking and mitigation of financial risk exposure affecting the operations of the ministry;
- Financial planning & analysis: Budgets & Forecasts. To ensure budgeting and forecasting that reflects the region fulfilling its purpose and its alignment with global priorities;
- Financial planning & analysis: Reporting. To ensure reporting transparently reflects its operations as well as its financial conditions;
- Information systems/FIMS application management. To oversee the IT application upon which accounting, and reporting is based, is operational and effective at all times.
Key Qualities and skills
- Committed Christian with a passion for the Persecuted Church;
- University qualification in Accounting and Finance Management;
- At least 10 years’ experience in leading Finance Teams, both local and remote (virtual) teams;
- Audit experience;
- French speaking ability will be beneficial;
- Structural design of a Finance function and ability to assess and build capacity in a team;
- Servant attitude with focus on accuracy and accountability;
- Ability to see the global picture and bring added value as business partner;
- Integrity, honesty, diligence, humility and willingness to serve, to develop staff grow to their full potential.
How to apply?
Please apply for this position by submitting your CV and one A4 page that briefly outlines what you bring to this role and how God has prepared you. We also would like to receive references from your previous employer(s) and local church. Please ensure that your application reach us at [email protected] no later than 12 February 2021.
Further information can be obtained from the abovementioned email address.