The following position is currently available
Role Title: Marketing Assistant: Supporter Care
Location: Open Doors Southern Africa Office, Johannesburg
Accountable to: The Communications and Marketing Manager, but also primarily relates to Open Doors donors and potential donors, as well as the Media Liaison.
Purpose of the Role: To telephonically contact potential supporters (such as those that acted upon radio, magazine and television advertisements) with the aim to get them involved in the ministry, and current supporters with the aim to increase their involvement with the persecuted Church worldwide.
Time Commitment: A full-time position with office hours from 08:00 to 16:00.
Role Specifications and Responsibilities
It is the responsibility of the Marketing Assistant: Supporter Care to:
- Motivate them to become a regular donor to the persecuted Church.
- Sign them up for regular communications from Open Doors.
Phone current supporters and build relationships with them by:
- Motivating them to become a regular donor or to increase their regular giving.
- Ensuring that their information on the database (CRM) is correct.
Experience and Expertise
To be successful in this position, the Marketing Assistant: Supporter Care must:
- Have a high standard of written and verbal communication skills in both Afrikaans and English (a third official South African language would be a plus).
- Be comfortable to challenge potential and existing donors in their giving.
- Be comfortable spending a lot of time on the phone.
- Have word-processing and spreadsheet skills.
- Work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in capturing donor information.
- Be able to work effectively within a team context.
To be successful in this position, the Marketing Assistant: Supporter Care must possess the following qualities:
- Clear and demonstrable Christian commitment and acceptance of the Open Doors Statement of Faith.
- Vision and passion for communicating the message of the persecuted Church.
- A high standard of written and verbal communication skills in both Afrikaans and English.
- Skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent people skills.
How to apply?
Email your CV to email@example.com or fax your CV to 011 888 9362 before 24 January 2018.