The following position is currently available
Role Title: Executive Assistant to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT)
Location: Open Doors Southern Africa Office, Johannesburg
Accountable to: The Executive Director, but also primarily relates to the Open Doors Southern Africa (ODSA) Board of Directors, as well as the ODSA Executive Management.
Purpose of the Role: To provide a comprehensive, confidential and professional secretarial service to the ELT and to maintain a discreet and confidential role in supporting the Board of Directors.
Time Commitment: A full-time position with office hours from 08:00 to 16:00.
Role Specifications and Responsibilities
It is the responsibility of the Executive Assistant to the ELT to:
- Act as the first point of contact for the Executive Director, receiving all calls, and dealing with staff and other external visitors.
- Manage the diary by scheduling and prioritising meetings to make effective use of ELT’s time.
- Proactively manage all important correspondence, and prepare background documents as necessary.
- Schedule, organise and confirm meetings and provide background documentation as necessary, as well as book meeting rooms and facilities as required.
- Prepare agendas, take minutes and transcribe into reports for all Board and other meetings as per instruction of the ELT.
- Prepare business communications: produce letters, emails, agendas, minutes, PowerPoint presentations, reports and spreadsheets.
- Organise the Executive Director’s office filing system to ensure ease of retrieval.
- Organise hospitality for events organised by the ELT such as planning meetings and board meetings.
- Prepare and distribute weekly prayer bulletin.
- Gather prayer points for the Global Prayer Bulletin and send it to Open Doors International.
- Print out international prayer request from GlobalPoint before daily devotions.
- Coordinate dates and schedules of international speakers to Open Doors Southern Africa.
- Gather information, prepare and distribute monthly internal newsletter.
- Perform other related duties as and when requested by the ELT.
Experience and Expertise
To be successful in this position, the Executive Assistant to the ELT must:
- Have previous experience as a Personal Assistant/Executive Assistant.
- Have a high standard of written and verbal communication skills.
- Have experience in Microsoft Office.
- Be able to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Be able to work effectively within a team context.
To be successful in this position, the Executive Assistant to the ELT must possess the following qualities:
- Clear and demonstrable Christian commitment and acceptance of the Open Doors Statement of Faith.
- Vision and passion for communicating the message of the persecuted Church.
- A high standard of written and verbal communication skills in both Afrikaans and English.
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- The ability to work on own initiative with little or no supervision.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Emotional maturity.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good people skills.
How to apply?
Email your CV to email@example.com or fax your CV to 011 888 9362 before 15 January 2018.