A part-time, temporary position has become available in our Communications and Marketing Team.
Role Title: Temporary position, E-Communicator/Webmaster
Location: Based at Open Doors’ head office in Gauteng
Purpose of temporary the Role: The E-Communicator/Webmaster is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the Open Doors website and electronic communication to partners and potential partners. This includes the management of the electronic communications strategy to promote name acquisition, development, and retention of supporters.
Relationships: The E-Communicator/Webmaster reports to the Communications and Marketing Manager, and relates to Open Doors Southern Africa (ODSA) Managers and Staff.
Time Commitment: A part-time position for 4 months.
Role Specification and Core Tasks
– Maintain and update the Open Doors South Africa website
-Proofreading and translation of electronic correspondence from Open Doors SA (Depending on successful candidate’s skills).
- All electronic newsletters and prayer calendars;
- All other electronic communications such as the creation of e-appeals, e-testimonies, etc.;
-General proofreading and translation of Open Doors materials related to communication and marketing tasks at Open Doors South Africa (Depending on successful candidate’s skills).
Experience and Expertise
- Proven proficiency in end-user computer applications such as Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- At least five years’ experience in a communications or marketing role or website management role.
- Experience and expertise WordPress and website creation.
- Experience and expertise in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Experience in, and good working knowledge of MailChimp.
- Good understanding of ClickDimension will be beneficial.
- Experience and expertise with social media platforms will be an added benefit: Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Instagram..
- Proficiency in Afrikaans will be an added benefit.
Key Qualities and Skills
- Be technically orientated.
- Have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Have the ability to work in a team.
- Be comfortable with and understand the fact that Open Doors South Africa is a fundraising ministry.
- A strong Christian faith and commitment, be active in local church and acceptance of the Open Doors Statement of Faith.
- A vision and passion for communicating the message of the persecuted Church.
- A high standard of written and verbal communication skills in both Afrikaans and English.
- Personal qualities that include integrity, commitment to ODSA’s mission, respect for diversity and the ability to inspire and motivate.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
How to apply?
Please apply for this position by submitting your CV as well as references from your previous employer(s). Please ensure that your application reach us at [email protected] no later than 28 February 2021.
Further information can be obtained from the above mentioned email address.