The following position is currently available
Role Title: Regional Accountant
Location: This role will be a full-time position of 40 hours per week based in Johannesburg, South Africa. All applicants should be able to travel to countries across the region without any restrictions, as required by the needs of the role. Open Doors Field Operations consists of full and part time staff in South, East and West Africa, as well as the Netherlands. The staff engage in activities to support the persecuted Church in Sub Sahara Africa (SSA). Through our activities we aim to strengthen the local capacity of the Persecuted Church and work with the local Church as our partner.
Purpose of the Role: The Regional Accountant will perform all accounting, auditing, and administrative duties in preparation of financial statements and the general financial management and reporting services for the regional departments. This includes the accurate recording of monthly financial information in Financial Information Management System (FIMS), banking, payroll administration, forex, etc.
Time Commitment: A full-time position
- Perform all month end reporting duties
- Submit monthly of expenditure forecast
- Process payments
- Prepare payroll
- Handle all banking requirements
- Handle foreign currency for staff travel and update foreign currency spreadsheets
- Assist in checking and finalizing expense reports for trips
- Complete monthly inter-office billings
- Control petty cash
- Manage fixed asset register
Key Qualities and skills
- Committed Christian with a passion for the Persecuted Church
- University qualification in Bookkeeping and Accounting and related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in accounting and bookkeeping
- Professional written and verbal communication
- Office administration skills
- Interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Organisational and planning skills
- Efficient and accurate typing skills
- Computer Literacy in Microsoft Office and Accounting software
How to apply?
Please apply for this position by submitting your CV and one A4 page that briefly outlines what you bring to this role and how God has prepared you. We also would like to receive references from your previous employer(s) and local church. Please ensure that your application reach us at [email protected] no later than 10 February 2022.
Further information can be obtained from the abovementioned email address.