The following position is currently available
Role Title:Regional budgets & planning control manager
Work Environment: Africa Services consists of full and part time staff located in various countries. The staff engage in activities to support the persecuted Church in Sub Sahara Africa (SSA) and Latin America. Through our activities we aim to strengthen the local capacity of the Persecuted Church and work with the local Church as our partner.
Location: This role can be based in Johannesburg Head Office (Preferred) or one of the sub regional offices in operational countries in Africa. All applicants should be able to travel to countries across the region without any restrictions, as required by the needs of the role.
Purpose of the Role:The main purpose of this role is to manage and control the AFSLAB Budgets & Planning process. The Budget and Planning Manager will facilitate the interaction with the field based on ODI requirements, consolidate, align and present to the Regional Strategic team and Leadership Team. The key deliverables include, Actuals versus Budget monthly, quarterly and biannual Budget performance across all countries, sub regional, regions and departments. This role is the owner of the full Budget and Forecast process from Targeting in February to Finalisation of Budgets in November of every year. The role supports the regional office and sub regional finance managers.
Time Commitment: A full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Support the implementation of a Budget Framework for the Region, Sub-Regions and Countries
- Provision of advisory to management on budget content and process by liaising with Regional Management and OD Finance.
- Lead the Budget and Planning Staff.
- Ensure adequate training is provided to management, Field and Finance Staff on Budgets, Planning and over all process information.
- Revision of budget proposals and the preparation of financial documentation and reports.
- Designing of effective departmental and organisational budget and costing models.
- Analysis of financial information and cash management to ensure all operations are within budget.
- Presentation of annual budgets to senior management.
- Design and implementation of effective budgeting policies and procedures.
Key Skills and Experiences
- A relevant qualification in Finance or Auditing
- Familiar with legal regulations of accounting and budgeting
- Several years relevant working experience in finance and accounting environment in a consolidation forecasting role
- Understanding of financial components of budgets and forecast
- Analytical skills, cross cultural communications, and intercultural awareness
- Results oriented, relationship orientated, flexible and creative.
- Ability to translate field and country issues and complexities into budgets.
- ability to build strong, credible working relationships cross-functionally with managers and staff at all levels of organisation.
- Good working knowledge of the activities, culture and customs of the countries.
- Ability to communicate and explain budgeting and planning issues clearly and concisely.
- Fluency in ‘language helpful for region’ and English, both written and verbally; with strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage hybrid processes for people and systems.
- Strong presentation skills of budget and planning data.
- Knowledge of MS Excel (specifically, advanced formulas, pivot tables and charts).
- Familiarity with forecasting methods and data analysis.
- Ability to explain budgeting and financial information in plain terms.
How to apply?
Please apply for this position by submitting your CV and one A4 page that briefly outlines what you bring to this role and how God has prepared you. We also would like to receive references from your previous employer(s) and local church. Please ensure that your application reach us at [email protected] no later than 18 January 2023.
Further information can be obtained from the abovementioned email address.