The following position is currently available.
Role Title: Personal Assistant to the Executive Director
Location: Preferably based in Gauteng, Johannesburg at ODSA offices
Purpose of the role: Personal Assistant to the Executive Director role is primary to provide a comprehensive, confidential and professional Personal Assistant service to the ED and to maintain a discreet and confidential role in supporting the Board of Directors.
Relationships: The Personal Assistant reports to the Executive Director, and primarily relates to the ODSA Board of Directors, ODSA Management team, other staff and Open Door International (ODI).
Time Commitment: A full-time position
Role specification and core tasks
- To act as the first point of contact for the Executive Director (ED), receiving all calls, and dealing with staff and other external visitors.
- Managing the ED’s diary by scheduling and prioritising meetings to make effective use of time.
- To proactively manage all important correspondence and prepare background documents as necessary.
- Schedule, organise and confirm meetings and provide background documentation as necessary, as well as booking meeting rooms and facilities as required.
- Prepare agendas, take minutes, and transcribe into reports for all Board and other meetings as per instruction of the ED.
- Prepare business communications: produce letters, emails, agendas, minutes, power point presentations, reports, and spreadsheets.
- Organise the Executive Director’s filing system to ensure ease of retrieval.
- Ensure delegated authorities are followed in approval processes – finance, content
- Organise all aspects of events such as planning meetings and board meetings.
- Prepare and distribute weekly prayer bulletin internally.
- Gather prayer points for the global prayer bulletin and send it to ODI.
- Print out international prayer request from the intranet before daily devotions.
- Gather information, prepare, and distribute monthly internal newsletter.
Partner contact and care:
- Run CRM queries to find details and giving history and interest of segments of partners
- Prepare correspondence for segments of partners e.g. proposals, presentations, reports and thank you letters.
- Thank you calls on behalf of ED to segments of partners e.g. mid-level and impact partners.
- Perform other related duties as and when requested by the ED
Experience and Expertise
- Experience working in a diverse and busy administrative role
- Experience as PA
- Experience in board administration (e.g. taking minutes at board level is a prerequisite)
- Clean driver’s license
- Experience and/or interest in the not-for-profit sector
- Experience using CRM or similar systems
- Experience in organising travel
- Clear and demonstrable Christian commitment and acceptance of the OD Statement of Faith.
- Vision and passion for communicating the message of the persecuted Church.
- A high standard of written and verbal communication skills in both Afrikaans and English.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work on own initiative with little or no supervision.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Emotional Maturity.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good people skills.
How to Apply
Please apply for this position by completing the application form, submitting your CV and one A4 page that briefly outlines what you bring to this role and how God has prepared you. Include the contact details of 3 references from your previous employer(s) and local church. Please ensure that your application reach us at [email protected] no later than 26 January 2022.