The following position is currently available
Role Title:Head of Organisational Support
Work Environment: Open Doors Field Operations consists of full and part time staff in South, East and West Africa, as well as the Netherlands. The staff engage in activities to support the persecuted Church in Sub Sahara Africa (SSA). Through our activities we aim to strengthen the local capacity of the Persecuted Church and work with the local Church as our partner.
Location: This role will be based in South Africa, preferably Johannesburg. All applicants should be able to travel to countries across the region without any restrictions, for up to 40 days per year, as required by the needs of the role.
Purpose of the Role: The primary responsibility of the HOS is to increase operational efficiency in the Organizational Support Departments providing leadership to the diverse team and overseeing daily activities.
Time Commitment: A full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Deliver competent and efficient operational support through the development of a strong Organisational Support team; with a solid foundation of the Vision and Mission, Core Values and Field values of the organization.
- Lead, motivate and support a growing HOS department and team including the setup and implementation of career development plans for all direct reports and problem resolution.
- Manage timely data collection to update operations metrics to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors, and deliver excellent service to the PC.
- Maintain effective collaboration and communication between Organisational Support functions and all other departments within the organization.
- Ensure organisational efficiency
- Set and actively pursue strategic and operational objectives to accomplish ministry vision, playing a leading role in long-term planning, and to work towards operational excellence;
- Improving the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organization’s mission;
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within defined budgets;
- Support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning;
- Conduct regional budget reviews with relevant teams and finance and report to management. Monitor implementation within budget framework;
- Maintain an excellent understanding of all ministry standards and procedures in terms of Finance, IT and People & Culture. Maintain all risk and compliance standards and processes.
Key Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business administration, or related field (MBA or similar);
- 10 years of senior management experience, with extensive experience in finance, risk and compliance management.
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities and empower people while maintaining organizational control.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude.
- Able to manage multiple activities and identify priorities, meet deadlines and solve problems with shifting and competing values in a complex environment.
- Cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing).
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing); Spanish, Portuguese or French a plus.
- Committed Christian with a calling to serve the Persecuted Church.
- Servant leadership character and leadership style.
- Ability to lead and influence staff to achieve personal and organizational goals.
- People orientated with understanding of the dynamics of change management in a complex international organisation.
How to apply?
Please apply for this position by submitting your CV and one A4 page that briefly outlines what you bring to this role and how God has prepared you. We also would like to receive references from your previous employer(s) and local church. Please ensure that your application reach us at [email protected] no later than 20 May 2022.
Further information can be obtained from the abovementioned email address.