The following position is currently available
Role Title: Executive Assistant to Regional Director
Work Environment: Open Doors Field Operations consists of full and part time staff in South, East and West Africa, as well as the Netherlands. The staff engage in activities to support the persecuted Church in Sub Sahara Africa (SSA). Through our activities we aim to strengthen the local capacity of the Persecuted Church and work with the local Church as our partner.
Location: This role will be based in South Africa, Johannesburg. All applicants should be able to travel to countries across the region without any restrictions, for up to 40 days per year, as required by the needs of the role.
Purpose of the Role: The purpose of this position is to assist the Regional Director (RD) in all administrative tasks, liaising with the Leadership Team as directed and serving as the point of contact between executives and employees.
Time Commitment: A full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Manage professional and personal scheduling for the Regional Director, including agendas, mail, email, calls, travel arrangements, client management, and other company logistics;
- Coordinate scheduling and extensive calendar management for the RD, Leadership team and other departments;
- Plan, prepare, set-up, coordinate and administer meetings and events;
- Accurately recording minutes from meetings and distribute timeously to all participants;
- Follow up action plan items
- Setup agenda and organise meetings on behalf of RD;
- Prepare documents for review and presentation by boards of directors, committees, and executives;
- Manage register for the Regional Register.
Internal Communications and Processes
- Manage internal communications between Leadership and all staff;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on various projects and tasks;
- Expedite organised workflow for the communications in and out of the Regional Director office;
- Management of content and flow of information to and from the Regional Director to Leadership Team and the region in a timely and accurate manner;
- Create and manage central database of information and filing for the office of the Regional Director;
- Reading and analyzing incoming memos, submissions, and distributing them as needed;
- Regional point of contact among executives, employees, and other internal and external stakeholders.
Documents and reporting
- Create templates and enhance current documents for enhanced consolidated view;
- Merge and integrate documents from different sources;
- Standardise documents according to the RD requirements;
- Consolidate and prepare information for review and presentation to Leadership such as strategy scorecard etc and other info pieces;
- Prepare reports, file, and organise documents;
- Prepare expense claims on behalf of the RD.
Key Skills and Experiences
- Senior Diploma or qualification in Administration and organisational skills;
- Experience of more than 5 years in an Executive Assistant position;
- Full Microsoft Office suite understanding and proficient in Word, Excel;
- Microsoft PowerPoint presentation skills
- Microsoft Teams meeting setup and management
- Superb written and verbal communication skills (English fluency).
- Ability to analyse data and provide recommendations to the RD;
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at once;
- Aptitude to learn new software and systems;
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge;
- Proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Committed Christian with passion to serve the Church;
- Ability to keep strict confidentiality;
- High level Professionalism;
- Cross-culturally sensitive and knows how to build relationships in different cultures;
- Able to manage own workload, prioritise and respond well under pressure.
How to apply?
Please apply for this position by submitting your CV and one A4 page that briefly outlines what you bring to this role and how God has prepared you. We also would like to receive references from your previous employer(s) and local church. Please ensure that your application reach us at [email protected] no later than 27 May 2022.
Further information can be obtained from the abovementioned email address.